Softemia develops software solutions for the issuance of modern electronic biometric identity documents. Our solutions are designed for, but not limited to, the issuance and verification of passports, identity cards, residence permits and visas. This includes the capture of personal biometric data, data validation and preprocessing, and the issuance of documents using various technologies such as laser engraving, colour inkjet printers etc. The solutions integrate with various back-end systems such as population registry, payment institutions, digital certificate agencies, etc.
Our team is very young. And although we are not big, our success in many countries around the world has made us well known and respected in the secure document industry. As our geography of projects keeps expanding and the number of documents issued using our software increases, we are looking for new colleagues. By the way, if you’re still studying, that’s no reason not to join us. We encourage learning. Flexible working hours and working from home are always possible too if you have the proper skills and commitment.
We understand that we can hardly expect anyone who wants to join our team to already have experience in the field of identity documents. And while this would be a great advantage, not having such experience is in no way a barrier to joining us. We are confident that smart, open-minded people will be able to quickly familiarise themselves with the specifics of what we do, and make effective use of their experience in other industries. The same applies to technological knowledge – a lack of knowledge in one or another technology will not necessarily be a barrier to taking up a position, provided there is sufficient commitment to learning new things and to continuous improvement.
If you decide to apply, just send a short email about yourself at [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Here is a list of open positions as of today:
Infrastructure Monitoring and Maintenance Engineer
You will be responsible for providing technical assistance to our customers as well as internal project delivery teams.
- Your Duties Will Include:
- Acting as a primary contact of day-to-day IT support requests from customers.
- Provide operational support for local, cloud and client systems, ensuring uptime and availability.
- Provide premium quality phone, email and remote customer support.
- Running a web helpdesk system to ensure that all customer queries are recorded, resolved and documented in a timely manner and followed up.
- Providing customer support at client’s facilities when necessary.
- Leverage Remote Management and Monitoring tools to prevent problems before they arise.
- Analysing customer queries and spotting up underlying problems and bringing up proposals for product developers.
- Support of project delivery teams with hardware and software installation and configuration locally or at customer sites when needed.
- An ability to communicate verbally (in English and Lithuanian) and via email with customers in a simple and understanding manner, respecting each customer’s IT knowledge level.
- An ability to follow through and close out all issues to customers’ satisfaction.
- Being able to work under pressure occasionally.
- Self-motivation, focus on quality, timelines and cost.
- Good knowledge of general PC and Windows operating system.
- Excellent understanding of computer networking and troubleshooting issues.
- Willingness to learn and build skills related to specialised hardware.
- Drivers license.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in problem solving and project delivery.
- Linux user experience.
- Experience in administering Microsoft Windows and Linux servers.
- Working knowledge of routers and firewalls, VPN tunnels.
- Knowledge of managing virtualised environments.
- AWS/Google Cloud/Azure experience.
- Docker containerisation platform.
- VPN solutions.
- Process automation in cloud environments.